Last Updated: September 27th, 2022
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make material changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to the Services or sending you a notification). We encourage you to review the Policy often to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information directly from you when you sign up for emails on our Services, sign up to participate in our Feedback Panel, and search for nearby products. The types of information about you that we collect include your email address, first and last name, age, mailing address, city, state, zip or post code, and favorite Califia product categories. You may optionally provide your gender, marital status, number of children, and ethnicity as part of our Feedback Panel.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain information about your interactions with us or our Services, including:
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and those who perform work for us) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about your interactions with the Services. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may obtain information from other sources. For example, we may collect information about you when you interact with us through our Social Media pages.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your approximate location based on your IP address.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve the Services, and keep you informed about new products and recipes. We also use the information we collect to:
- Send you coupons, new products, formulations, or marketing initiatives if you participate in our Feedback Panel.
- Develop or improve products and services, including to debug and repair errors in our Services;
- Personalize your experience with us;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, support messages and other transactional or relationship messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, recipes, and events offered by Califia and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our products and services;
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Advertising and Analytics section below);
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate, and help prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and help protect the rights and property of Califia and others;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations;
- Create de-identified, anonymized or aggregated information; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
DISCLOSURES OF INFORMATION
We may disclose personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- With vendors that access personal information to perform work for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising.
- If you choose to use integrations we offer on our Services, such as disclosing your location through our product locator integration with Destini, we may disclose certain information with the integration partners.
- If we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- If we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Califia, our users, the public, or others.
- With our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- In connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- Between and among Califia and our current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
- With your consent or at your direction.
We also disclose aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
We also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of customized campaigns on third-party platforms (such as Facebook and Instagram). As part of these ad campaigns, we or the third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES AND OTHER COUNTRIES
Califia is headquartered in the United States and we have operations and vendors in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and those that perform work for us will transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. Where required by law, we provide adequate protection for the transfer of personal data in accordance with applicable law, such as by obtaining your consent, relying on adequacy decisions, or executing Standard Contractual Clauses.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Califia by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Links to other Websites and Services
We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites or services linked to or from the Services, including the information or content contained in such websites or services, and this Policy does not apply to them. We provide links to products available on third-party websites for your convenience. Your browsing and interaction on any third-party website or service, including those that have a link on or to our Services, are subject to that third party’s own rules and privacy policies. Please read the terms of such websites and applications carefully and exercise care when providing your personal information.
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR INDIVIDUALS IN THE UNITED KINGDOM
If you are located in the United Kingdom, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data, and this section applies to you.
Legal Basis for Processing
When we process your personal data, we will do so in reliance on the following lawful bases:
- To perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., providing the products you requested).
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data to operate our business or protect our interests (e.g., to provide, maintain, and improve our products and services, conduct data analytics, and communicate with you).
- To comply with our legal obligations (e.g., to maintain a record of your consents and track those who have opted out of marketing communications).
- When we have your consent to do so (e.g., when you opt in to receive marketing communications from us). When consent is the legal basis for our processing your personal data, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
We store personal data for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes for which we originally collected it and for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
Data Subject Requests
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to request access to the personal data we hold about you and to receive your data in a portable format, the right to ask that your personal data be corrected or erased, and the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, email email@example.com with “Data Protection” in the subject line.
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority where you reside. Contact the UK Data Protection Authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office, at: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR INDIVIDUALS IN AUSTRALIA
If you are located in Australia, you have certain rights and protections regarding your personal information under Australian law, and this section applies to you.
“Sensitive information” is a subcategory of personal information which is strictly regulated under Australian law. Sensitive information includes information about your racial or ethnic origin, your religious or political beliefs, your sexual preferences and orientation, or your biometric or health information.
We do not collect your sensitive information unless required by law or where you consent for us to do so (and in any event, only where it is relevant). We will not collect sensitive information about you where this is expressly prohibited by applicable law.
Transfer of Personal Information to Overseas Data Recipients
In certain circumstances, we may disclose your personal data to an overseas recipient (outside of Australia). We will not send your personal information outside Australia unless it is authorized by law and we can be satisfied that the recipient of the personal data has adequate data protection arrangements in place. The countries to which we usually provide information are the United States of America, United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia.
We will not provide you with email or text marketing communications unless you consent to receive such communications. If you change your mind about receiving marketing communications from us, you may easily request not to receive such communications by following the instructions on the communication to opt-out or unsubscribe from further communications.
Data Access and Correction Requests
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to request access to or correction of the personal information we hold about you. If you would like to exercise either of these rights, please call us at: +61 412 222 178.
If you have a concern about the way we handle your personal data, you can contact us using the details provided below. If you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. You can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at: https://www.oaic.gov.au/.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us as follows:
You can also write to our Australia offices at Califia Farms Australia Pty Ltd, 105 Wellington Street, St Kilda, Melbourne 3182, marking your query “Data Protection”.